With all that is going on in the world, many more people are working from home than ever before, and you might be thinking about how to bring a great Pilates workout into your living room!
We all miss being able to go to our favorite gyms and studios, but adding a Pilates Reformer to your home studio can help make you feel like you are still getting a great workout.
If you want to learn more about what a Pilates Reformer is, or what kinds of exercises you can do on it, check out our previous post on the Top Pilates Reformer for 2021.
Otherwise, keep reading. Because we have done our research and come up with a great list of Reformers that would be a perfect addition to your home studio. Most of these Pilates Reformer for Home are lightweight, ultra-portable, and they come with a variety of customization options.
So, let’s jump right into it. Here are our picks for the best Pilates Reformer for Home in 2021.
5 Best Pilates Reformer for Home in 2021
Dimensions assembled: 89" L x 20.5" W x 20" H
Weight: 94 lbs
The AeroPilates 610 Precision Series Reformer simplifies your workouts to fit your busy life. This multipurpose machine provides all the necessary tools for strength, stretching, and cardio routines. The rebounder change-out feature allows you to go from reformer to rebounder or vice versa in seconds.
There are light springs for low-intensity work and heavy springs for more advanced toning conditions so you can sculpt your muscles exactly how you want them. With wheels built-in for transportability, this cost-effective solution will be the only purchase you ever need in a home gym system.
- 4 steel resistance springs (2 heavy and 2 light) provide 8 different difficulty levels
- Patented Cardio Rebounder
- Wide, padded platform
- High-density foam shoulder pads
- 3-position adjustable padded headrest
- Padded foot bar
- Wheels for transporting Reformer
- Comes with wall chart and downloadable AeroPilates Primer and AeroPilates Basic Workout Package videos
Dimensions: 97” L x 25” W x 16” H
Weight: 110 lbs
Meet the Peak Pilates® Casa Reformer & Jumpboard Bundle. It is an affordable, lightweight machine that is made specifically for your home studio! The Casa Reformer is full studio height and includes a number of attachments that adds variety and fun to your workout. Made with the highest quality materials, and specifically engineered for home use, the Casa Reformer is an ideal choice for your studio.
- Full studio height Peak Pilates Reformer - specifically designed with home studios in mind!
- Adjustable resistance with a 5 spring system (1 heavy, 2 med, 2 light).
- Incredibly smooth running experience, thanks to the machined running surface.
- Powder-coated aluminum frame for stability, portability, and aesthetic appeal.
- Lightweight! Perfect for the home because it is so easily portable.
Dimensions: 26” W x 96.5” L x 10” H
Weight: 115 lbs
The Merrithew™ At Home SPX® includes everything you need to bring the complete Pilates Studio experience into your living room, so get ready for the ultimate full-body workout at home! Built to withstand continuous, high-intensity exercise, and complete with an instructional DVD that includes more than 250 exercises, this machine is all you need.
- Easily adapts to suit a variety of physical needs, including rehabilitation and pre/post natal exercises.
- Built with durable vinyl upholstery and dense EVA foam, making it great at withstanding high-intensity exercise at home.
- Carriage glides thanks to a patented rolling mechanism that provides a smooth, friction free ride.
- Ultra customizable with various spring weights, gearbar positions, and carriage stopping positions.
- Adjustable footbar to help regulate hip and knee flexion.
Dimensions: 28” W x 93” L x 22” H
Weight: 382 lbs with packaging
The heaviest on the list, the Sportline™ Superior Reformer-Tower Bundle is the best choice for you, if you want a beautiful well made piece of equipment that will mostly stay in place. Like all Sportline™products, this Bundle is made with a 100% real hornbeam wood piece for the frame. If beauty, craftsmanship, and durability are what you’re looking for, then this machine delivers!
- Made with a 100% real hornbeam wood piece for the frame - never ready plate, or coated material!
- Meticulously designed for silent driving - so you can focus on what’s important: your workout!
- 5 springs with different resistances (hard, soft hard, medium hard, and soft)
- Attachable jump board - so that you don’t lose time during your workout!
Dimensions: 31” W x 93” L x 77” H
Weight: 270 lbs
With a combination of AISI 304 high-quality stainless steel and solid beech chassis, the Private Pilates™ Premium Wood Cadillac-Reformer Bundle is an elegant combination of durability and aesthetic appeal. Best for homes with a dedicated space for the machine, this Cadillac-Reformer Bundle provides the most complete Pilates experience.
- Highest quality stainless steel and solid beech chassis for beauty and lifelong durability.
- Color coded resistance springs to add variety to every workout!
- Using a patented 5-stage stopper system and adjustable shoulder heads, this machine can be adapted to help shoulder, ankle, hip, and knee disorders.
- Special new nonslip, easy grip footbar.
How To Choose A Pilates Reformer for Home
Because Pilates reformers are so flexible and there are different types available, you want to be sure you get the best one for your fitness objectives.
We can categorize Pilates reformer into three types:
- Cadillac reformers
- Studio reformers
- Home reformers
If you are looking for a machine that is ultra-portable but still provides the necessary space and resistance to get an effective workout, then your best option would be a home reformer.
You may find that you don't have enough room for a full-sized reformer. The average size is about 80-100 inches long and 20 - 30 wide but smaller models do exist if needed and luckily, there are foldable versions available too.
If your living space is smaller than average or if you're looking at using one in multiple rooms like the bedroom and kitchen then this could be a perfect option since they'll easily collapse into themselves when not being used which takes up less floor space (and won't take up permanent spots.)
If you’re a beginner, it might be best to start with an instructors-only reformer. But if your goal is Pilates at home and convenience are key factors in choosing which machine will work for you most efficiently then there's nothing wrong with going the opposite route too!
Make sure before buying anything though that its weight capacity matches what type of workout or exercises you want to do on them so as not to have any surprises when performing these moves later down the line.
It also helps if the machine has color-coded springs that will show how much resistance it offers so you can understand your workout better and avoid overdoing things.
A reformer is an important fitness tool for people who want to exercise at home, but it can be hard to find one that has all of the features you need.
The best way would be with adjustable parts so there are no limits on what kind or how much weight someone tries to put on their body while using this type of machine.
A good example is an adjustable spring bar, footbar, and headrest at multiple levels, which can accommodate people of all different sizes or weights depending upon what you need it to do.
Pilates reformers are great for strengthening the legs, arms, and back. A good Pilates reformer for home should allow adding a side-split platform or adding a jump board to increase difficulty during workouts and ensuring you feel more stable on these types of equipment.
Is a home pilates reformer worth it?
Absolutely, yes. Pilates reformer workouts are typically not the same as mat workouts and while you could definitely work on your Pilates moves on a mat or even outside, for best results at home we highly recommend investing in a good Pilates machine like our top pick - AeroPilates® Cord Reformer Bundle.
How often should I use a Pilates reformer?
Pilates reformer for home can be used anywhere from 3-5 times a week for maximum results. Remember not to overdo it though because, like any type of exercising you do, too much can end up doing more harm than good.
Is using a Pilates reformer strength training?
Yes, Pilates reformer workouts are a fantastic way to strengthen the body.
Is the Pilates reformer good for weight loss?
Using a Pilates reformer is an excellent way to build strength and work up a sweat. This may help you lose weight if done in combination with regular exercise such as walking or running on the treadmill at high-intensity intervals for 30 seconds followed by five minutes of rest.
Can I use a Pilates reformer while pregnant?
You may be able to use a Pilates reformer while pregnant—but it is important that you talk with your primary care provider beforehand. Depending on how far along in pregnancy, there could be some modifications for exercises.
The AeroPilates® Cord Reformer Bundle is the best option for those looking to get a great workout at home without breaking their budget. If you want more information about this product or any of our other top picks, please feel free to contact us. Our team will be happy to answer your questions and help you find the perfect Pilates reformer for your needs.