Now that you’re familiar with Pilates Reformers, let’s get to know the Best Pilates Reformer with Tower in 2021 and beyond.
While a Pilates Reformer, with its moving bed, is great for challenging balance, strength, and mobility, adding the mighty Pilates Tower opens up a world of possibilities for a full-body workout.
A Pilates Tower is a vertical unit that uses a variety of attachments—a roll-down bar, arm springs, leg springs, and a pull-through (or push-through) bar—to provide a full body workout. The attachments are a series of small machines that use resistance in the springs in combination with your body weight to challenge you to your max! Towers can be used to isolate particular muscle groups (arms, legs, shoulders, etc.), or they can aid in providing a really good stretch, but every movement on the Pilates Tower challenges core strength. You’re only as strong as your core, right?
The Tower Squat
One example of an exercise you can do with a Pilates Tower is a “Tower Squat” (shown above), where you hover your butt just a few inches from the mat and lift up again. The spring-loaded bar helps keep your back straight as you move, which challenges your core stability while working the back of the legs and chest, too.
Pilates Towers can be used alone, as a wall unit, or in combination with a Reformer for a more complete workout. Here’s our guide to some of the Best Pilates Reformer with Tower in 2021.
Best Pilates Reformer with Tower in 2021
Dimensions: 30 x 97
Weight: 65.8 kg
The most complete professional Reformer of the Merrithew™product line, the V2 Max Plus Reformer and Tower, this is a favorite amongst fitness and health professionals because of the limitless workout possibilities it provides. It multi-tasks as a Mat platform, standard Reformer, and a half-trapeze Cadillac.
With Merrithew’s™ patented retractable rope system and traveling pulleys on a vertical frame, you’re offered more angles of resistance, which means an increased range of motion for your exercises. It’s this versatility and high-quality craftsmanship that make the V2 Max Plus™ an ideal choice for any Pilates-based exercise you can imagine!
- Built to withstand continuous, high-intensity exercise with EVA foam, enhanced springs and durable vinyl upholstery.
- Patented retractable rope system, so changing rope lengths is a breeze!
- Patented rolling mechanism for a friction-free carriage ride.
- Optional Mat converter for mat-based exercises.
- Easy-roll wheels make it easy to move or reposition.
Dimensions: 98.5" x 27" x 76"
Weight (w/Tower): 87kg
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive, economic Pilates package look no further! The Fitkon™ Pro Plus Reformer Deluxe Bundle is perfect for those looking to perform a variety of full body Reformer, Tower, and Mat exercises.
- Cadillac, Reformer, Tower, Mat Pilates exercises can be done on a single piece of equipment.
- Fitkon Gear Bar System allows you to adjust the distance between Footbar and Carriage quickly without wasting time.
- Most comfortable equipment in the market with its customized carriage, straps and footbar sponges.
- The footbar, tower, bed dimensions were designed in accordance to biomechanical foundations by Dr. Nahit Baylan.
Produced with highest quality woods and metals on the market.
Dimensions: 15.5 x 29 x 100.5
Weight: 240.40 kg
Perfect for smaller spaces -- the Peak Pilates PeakPilateSystem Deluxe offers outsized functionality while offering a rolling and folding design that makes for easy storage! With so much convenience and versatility, this is a big win for every Pilates fan.
- Hinged carriage for easy mat conversion.
- 5 spring system with 1 Red (heavy), 2 Yellow (medium), and 2 Blue (light)
- The whole system folds up and rolls away for easy storage!
Weight: 382 lbs (with packaging)
The Sportline™ is made in Turkey, and the company brags that its frames are made with 100% real hornbeam wood. That quality craftsmanship can be seen throughout from the meticulously designed Reformer beds that drive silently, to the water-resistant body.
- High-quality, imported, vinyl-covered leathers that are easy to clean.
- 5 springs in different resistances (hard, soft-hard, medium-hard, and soft).
- Non-slipping and non-rotating foot bar sponge and zipper system.
- Attachable jump board that saves time during a session.
- Crush resistant, non-collapsible sponge.
Dimensions: 24.4" x 30.3" x 106.3" (Reformer) and 77.2" x 32.2" x 106.3" (Tower)
The MetaLife® Reformer-Tower is a versatile machine that supports a wide range of effective exercises! Through this comprehensive bundle you can build strength, flexibility, and mobility while keeping your Pilates routine fresh and exciting! Whether you’re looking to enhance your home gym or stock your studio with the best machines, you’ll love this unit.
- Versatile, challenges you to try new exercises and positions
- Allows the execution of unique and dynamic movements
- Allows the performance of all exercises of the Reformer and the side of the Cadillac
- Allows you to perform the soil series on the machine
- Space optimization: holds up to two people simultaneously
Benefits of the Best Pilates Reformers with Tower
If you're still on the fence about whether or not you should invest in a Pilates reformer with tower, let us make it easier:
- Improve posture and muscle flexibility
- Oxygenates the body
- Increase flexibility
- Strength and stabilize the core
- Improve self-esteem
- Helps reduce weight gradually
- Training without any risk
- Offers versatility over regular reformer
Frequently Asked Questions about Pilates Reformer Tower
Can you add a tower to a reformer?
It depends on the brand and model of the reformer but in most cases, you should be able to add a tower to an existing reformer.
How do you use a Pilates Tower?
Pilates reformer with tower can be used to all the exercises of the Reformer and the side of the Cadillac. You can train your entire body with minimal risk.