Looking to purchase a Cadillac to complete your Pilates home studio, but don’t know where to start? Keep reading to check out our top 5 Cadillacs of 2020, and be sure to check out our articles on Reformers [link] and [Other Pilates equipment] too.
The Pilates Cadillac (or Trapeze Table) most closely resembles a bed with a frame, and it was developed by Joseph Pilates in the mid 50s or 60s. His idea was to take some classic mat-based exercises and add springs for support and challenge. It is rumored that the reason we call it a “Cadillac” today is because one of Joseph Pilates’s clients saw the table and said, “Hey Joe, is that your new Cadillac?” And, it stuck.
Whatever the reason for the name, the Pilates Cadillac is great for improving circulation and developing gorgeous lean muscles.
The Arm Springs Lying Down is one of the first “arm springs” exercises you learn on the Cadillac.
Come to lie on your back so that your back muscles are pressing strong into the mat below you. Then, using the position in the photograph above, press your feet strong into the mat to awaken the lower body.
This is not an ordinary arm exercise. When you push the Pilates spring you must move your center in the opposite direction, so you are activating the upper back and core, in addition to the arms and shoulders.
This is just one example of the versatility of the exercises you can do on the Pilates Cadillac. Want to learn more about the Cadillac that might be best for your home studio? Check out our list of 5 must-have Cadillacs for your home Pilates studio.
An elegant combination of the Cadillac and the Reformer to create an incredibly user-friendly system that is both versatile and made to last.
- Quick conversion, ultraglide flip carriage, combined with innovative locking and new four-position contoured footbar.
- Five-Spring Kit (1 heavy, 2 standard, 2 light)
- Unmatched, proprietary spring bar support that is designed to reduce noise by ensuring the smoothest spring changes.
- Full trapeze system that includes a padded, upholstered trapeze and precision slider for ultimate comfort and stability.
The Private Pilates™ Premium Cadillac-Reformer Bundle is the perfect combination of superior craftsmanship, aesthetic appeal, and life-long durability.
It’s a great choice for those looking for help with various shoulder, ankle, knee, and hip joint disorders, thanks to the patented 5-stage stopper system that allows for extremely precise adjustments.
Dimensions: 70cm x 226cm x 60cm
Weight: 216 lbs
- AISI 304 high quality stainless steel Cadillac frame combined with a classic beechwood main frame for beauty and life-long durability.
- Color-coded springs with 5 levels of resistance on the Trapeze.
- Patented 5-stage stopper system and plug-in shoulder heads allow for 4 shoulder widths that can be precisely adjusted to help with various shoulder, ankle, knee and hip joint disorders.
- 3 stage spring gear option that allows targeted resistance adjustment to be made easily!
Made with 100% real single hornbeam wood piece for the frame, the Sportline™ Superior Cadillac-Reformer is beautifully crafted of top quality materials. And, designed with comfort and stability in mind, the Reformer beds allow for silent driving, so you can focus on your workout!
Dimensions: 68cm x 236cm x 55cm
Weight: 500 lbs with packaging
- Highest quality, imported, vinyl-coated leathers that look great, even after many uses.
- 10x springs on Cadillac (2x long yellow, 2x short yellow, 2x long purple, 2x short red, 2x short black)
- 3 different spring resistance settings, and 3 graded height settings for different neck angles.
- Non-slipping and non-rotating foot bar sponge and zipper system for easy replacement.
Made of toxin-free, environmentally friendly materials, this Cadillac Trapeze Table also offers durability and premium comfort during your workout. At such an affordable price, too, this is hard to pass up.
Dimensions: 70cm x 226cm x 60cm (65cm with mat)
Weight: 216 lbs.
- A beechwood main frame coupled with a stainless steel Cadillac frame for maximum ease and stability.
- Non-slip leather-covered mats with sponge filling provide increased comfort during your workout.
- Color-coded Trapeze springs with 6 resistance levels.
- New! Orthopedic headrest to take you beyond your limits with stretching movements.
The most affordably priced option, and a staple in every well-equiped Pilates studio, this Cadillac is perfect for everyone from post-rehab clients to athletes. It’s ultra-sturdy, and versatile, too. The Merrithew™ Cadillac Trapeze Table will add over 200 exercises to your Pilates repertoire - a must-have.
Dimensions: 91.4cm x 83cm x 210.8cm
Weight: 215 lbs
- Sturdy construction can support a range of movements from basic functional movements to more advanced acrobatic movements.
- Offers multiple spring lengths, tensions, and attachment sites to offer a range of movement suitable for all levels of ability.
- Highly variable spring resistance due to the two sliding doors with multiple spring attachment sites.
- Includes Essential Cadillac, 2nd Ed. DVD with 45 exercises